Ocular Disease Management
Dr. Gibbs is licensed to prescribe medications and experienced in medical eye care. This includes:
- Diabetic exams
- Dry eye disease
- Macular degeneration
- Cataract surgery co-management
- LASIK co-management
- Emergencies will be seen promptly including the treatment of “red eye” and foreign body removal
- Digital Retinal Photography
- Threshold visual field testing
- No “eye puff” pressure measurements
Dr. Gibbs is the mother of 2 young children and will help your child feel at ease during their exam. We also have toys in the reception area to keep your young ones happy.
- Infants should receive an inital eye exam between the ages of 6 months and 1 year.
- Infant eye exams ensure that ocular stuctures are developing normally.
Whether you have been wearing contacts for years or are just getting started, we are here to help you.
- The majority of patients can be successful contact lens wearers.
- Trial contact lenses are available on site for most prescriptions.
- Dr. Gibbs can also fit patients with astigmatism and presbyopia.
Southern Tier Optometry offers a full service optical department. We carry stylish frames with the latest lens technology including:
- Anti-reflective coating
- Scratch coating
- Anti-fog coating
- Transitions lenses
- High index materials
- Progressive bifocals
- Digital Processing